top of page


Forrester&Co Surveyors - have been operating since 1995 as building surveyors  and specialising in Party Wall etc. Act, 1996 matters as party wall surveyors covering much of London, North London and Hertfordshire.
Expert advice is offered with an initial FREE consultation and drawing and/or notice review service.
We are happy to advise upon and deal with projects of all sizes. We regularly deal with both residential and commercial matters ranging from loft conversions and home extensions to replacement dwellings and multi-million pound development sites.

The principles remain the same regardless of the project size and we will happily offer tailor made individual fee quotations for each project. We are just as happy dealing with home owners as we are with developers, building owners and adjoining owners. Much of our client base being introduced to us by architects, engineers, solicitors and designers that wish to see their clients properly represented.
The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 provides a framework for preventing and resolving disputes in relation to works affecting party walls, some boundary walls (party fence walls) and excavations near neighbouring buildings and structures.
Building owners proposing to carry out work covered by the Act must give adjoining owners proper notice of their intentions in the way set down in the Act. Adjoining owners can agree or disagree with what is proposed. Where they disagree, the Act provides a mechanism for resolving disputes by appointed surveyors. The requirements of the Act are separate from the need to obtain planning permission, building regulation approval and with leaseholders often a licence to alter.
a couple studying building plans

Where a dispute arises the Party Wall etc. Act allows for one surveyor to represent both parties under some circumstances.  more

Planning to carry out some building work? Are your works notifiable under the Act? Do you need professional advice?  more

A couple looking at their building plans
Adjoining Owners’ front doors side by side

Are your neighbours to carry out building works? Are you worried that your property could be damaged? Have you received proper Notice?  more

Home  |  Party Wall Services

What happens if I disagree with what my surveyor is insisting upon? It is taking too long — what can be done to break the deadlock?  more

gentlemen shaking hands
bottom of page